If you’re looking to get better results from your marketing you might want to take a look at the words, or copy, you are using to get your message across to your intended audience.
Here are 7 tips to help you achieve more successful copywriting:
1. Get a clear picture of the person to whom you’re writing and focus on writing words solely for their eyes
2. If writing for your own marketing, do your research. If writing for a client, make sure they give you a detailed brief
3. Know what you want to say BEFORE you start to write – come up with your ideas first
4. All your words should count and remember that the headline (or email subject line) is the most important to get right
5. Focus not on the features of your product or service but on what it will do for people
6. When you’ve finished writing your copy set it to one side and leave it (preferably for at least 24 hours)
7. When you return to your copy, read it out loud and revise it accordingly
If you follow these 7 steps you’ll be doing more than many of your competitors.
Got any questions about tips 1 to 7 and why they’re each so important for great copy?